86 400 is Australia’s first smartbank, designed solely for mobile. 86 400 received their banking license in 2019 and rapidly launched their retail bank; transaction accounts; savings accounts; and home loans, the same year.
As their strategic technology partner, we enabled 86 400 to bring their digital bank and products to market in record time, while simultaneously scaling up their own technology team.
Our work with 86 400 was completed over a 2-year period, with the end result being a successful launch to customers. Initially, the team was drafted in to assist with the business case, run technology POC’s, and design an early prototype of the app.
Following approval by the board, we created the bank’s architecture and provided a highly skilled technology team to accelerate the build.
We delivered a digital banking app and innovative customer experiences to help Australians bank smarter:
- A modular, decoupled and purpose driven, micro-services platform. Balancing scalability, resilience, and maintenance to support 86400’s future roadmap
- A hybrid-cloud and highly available API enabled mobile bank, built to connect with other Fintech’s and partners
- Best-in-class identity access management, to eliminate sensitive credentials being stored in a ‘honey-pot’
- A continually executable set of digital services, that ensures data never becomes stale
- A set of closed-loop insight technologies to shorten the time between discovery and knowledge
- A DevSecOps (‘Development Security Operations’) culture with ongoing, flexible collaboration between release engineers and security teams
- Integration and development frameworks to create a flexible and adaptable resource model, that meets the needs of today’s regulatory focus.